[GEM-dev] multiple_window: OSX working!

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Jan 25 18:00:20 CET 2005

On Dec 14, 2004, at 1:28 PM, james tittle wrote:

>>> ...so, tonight I got the multiple_window branch to compile and run
>>> on OSX, but it's not running quite completely...so far it will
>>> create new windows (and apparently gl contexts) for each [gemwindow]
>>> object, and I have them hooked up to a [gemcontrol]. but only the
>>> last one created actually displays anything...
>> weird, i remember having had similar problems in the beginning, but
>> they disappeared after several re-compiles (probably i did change
>> something but i don't remember any more...)
>
> ...I'm not sure if it's a compile/link-order problem (like I often had
> with pix_film/pix_video inheritance), or if it's a problem of not
> creating windows with shared contexts?  It'd be nice if it were the
> former, but I strongly suspect it's the latter...
>
> ...if indeed it's the shared context-problem, then we'll need to
> somehow pass along the previous context's info to createGemWindow()...

...ok, got around to trying out the shared context thing, and guess
what?  It works!  However, before I commit it I'd like to try it with
dual screens, and also do a good bit of cleaning up the macwindow code:
  it's uuuuuugly...

...so, does this work on windoze?  If so, I guess it's about time to
merge it into HEAD...

l8r,
jamie