[GEM-dev] import stable snapshots to pure-data CVS

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Apr 19 23:04:54 CEST 2005

On Apr 19, 2005, at 4:04 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Currently there is no gem in the pure-data CVS AFAIK.  I think that
> "externals/gem" would be a good location for all of the gem related
> files.  So it would be like:
>
> externals/gem/Gem
> externals/gem/GemLibs
> externals/gem/whatever else is needed

...this is what confuses me:  are we supposed to put freetype 2 and
ftgl up in source form, or binaries?  Similar situation with pdp
(dependent on gsl, libjpeg, libquicktime, etc but some are optional),
and I wouldn't even hazard a guess at how you'll get yves to assemble
and maintain the dependencies for pidip!  And how are "optional"
libraries dealt with?  Fr'instance in Gem on osx, we just use
quicktime;  on linux, there's many possible methods for images/films...

l8r,
jamie