[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Gnu configure.in

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue May 24 18:12:47 CEST 2005

blech....

On May 24, 2005, at 2:21 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i guess it is like:
> paste the code into acinclude.m4
> run "aclocal"
> run "autoconf"
> run "./configure"

...thanx, but that didn't help...actually found another
AC_CHECK_SYMBOL macro that didn't cause errors, but I can't get it to
actually see if sinf is there or not!  So I'm just going to try and
add some magic header ("AvailabilityMacros.h") to deal with the sinf
stuff...hopefully that'll work...

...btw, I figured out why I was getting a spurious "copy.o" in my /
Manips makefile:  configure is really, really, really dumb!  In the
finder I had duplicated "camera.cpp", which auto names the duplicated
file to "camera copy.cpp"...configure then apparently got confused by
a "name with a space", which really is pathetic in this day and
age...again, why is this considered a good build system?

...hack hack hack hack hack...
jamie

gem compile fix on 10.4:  2 weeks and counting!