[GEM-dev] configure (again): call for testing....

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jul 7 20:17:43 CEST 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 1:20 PM, günter geiger wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, james tittle wrote:
>
>> ./configure --includedir=/Users/tigital/puredataDev/GemLibs --with-
>> pd=/Users/tigital/pd-0.38-4/bin --with-ftgl --without-x --without-
>> ImageMagick
>>

> I think the --with-pd flag should point to the pd base directory, so
> the script can detect the binary and the include file m_pd.h at the
> same
> time.
>
> --with-pd=/Applications/Pd-0.38-3/Contents/Resources on OSX for
> example

...very good idea:  "kill two bird's with one stone"-kind of
strategy :-)  It's also good that it'll work with the application
bundle...perhaps we should have the default on osx be "--with-pd=/
Applications/Pd.app/Contents/Resources", or whatever?  This does
bring up the issue that I think the application bundle should be
called "Pd.app" or "Pd_devel.app", and have the version in the plist
and/or have pd announce it's version on startup, like the externals
do...

jamie