[GEM-dev] fullscreen on second screen linux does not work

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 15 08:41:38 CEST 2005

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> GEM: creating gem-window on display :0.1
> error: GEM: fullscreen not available on remote display
>
> :( I don't see why the second display should be any different?

because it crashed all systems i tested, when the fullscreen
capabilities were queried from a remote device.

i prefer a system that does not crash even if some fanzy stuff does not
work...

> Any tricks ?

well, as cyrille suggested: using no borders, an offset of 0+0 and a
dimension of whateve should be almost as good as "fullscreen"

mfg.d.r
IOhannes