{Spam?} Re: [GEM-dev] curve3d acts very very odd with lots of control points OSX+Linux)

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sun Jul 24 17:22:14 CEST 2005

>  -not really easy to use (lot's of set $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 messages).

> how to move lot's of control point without the "set" messages (using
> only native pd objects) ?

That is the limitation I ran into with the vertex_array objects.  The
objects are fast and have very few limits but Pd really has no way to
deal with the data effectively.

Using messages is not precise enough even though it does fit the more
programmatic aspects of control in Pd.  Maybe a special GEM data
display window with dedicated mouse and keyboard controls could help
with the viewing and selecting of data in the arrays?

cgc