[GEM-dev] vertex_array

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Aug 19 17:04:47 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2005, at 8:26 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
> ...yeh, I don't know what that's about, it's been awhile...I do
> remember not knowing where to put them, so maybe Manips would be ok,
> even more appropriate...together they can replace the render pipeline
> (and only work on the gpu, not the cpu), so that seems like a
> "Manips"-ulation...

ok, i'll move them over to Manips then.

> ...otoh, are you still believing we should have 4 elements for all
> vertex_* components (ie. vertex, normal, color, texcoord, etc)?  If  we
> can get over that hump, it's probably ready to go into HEAD...

well, i do still believe that a generic approach would be better.

but honestly, i think it is more important to get the Vertex-array stuff
into MAIN than to get my ideas about those arrays accepted by all.

however, i still think that there should be only one object for each
modification, such as [vertex_set] can set vertex, color, ... (btw: ben,
this is most likely what you are looking for)

whether the arrays are all 4-elements floating point or not is something
that should be of no concern to the user.

do we agree on that ?

mfg.asd.r