[GEM-dev] pix_image

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Tue Nov 1 18:29:43 CET 2005

hi chris,

> Can you post the details on how you built GEM with
> GCC on Windows?  If

The main thing is to go through the headers of the ms
platform sdk and the directx sdk and tweak them to get
along with gcc. Luckily, other people have done this
already, google helps quite a bit here. After this,
the baseclasses should compile okay ...
Then one needs to get the libraries straight that gem
depends on (libjpeg, libtiff, freetype etc ... I
failed on liborb and let it out), and that's pretty
much all there is to do. If you get through this once,
you have a working environment to compile gem that
should last for - well, hopefully some time :-)
I'll put up the changes I made to puredata.info, but
this will take some time.

> the process is manageable enough to replace VC++, I
> think more people
> would work on Win development.  I will have the time
> to implement
> pix_record and fix up some other QT issues soon...
great :-)

with kind regards,
thoralf.