[GEM-dev] pix_image

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Tue Nov 1 18:41:58 CET 2005

hi tim,

> is it binary compatible with pd compiled with msvc?

no. it only works with mingw builds of pd. loading the
library with vc builds works, even creating gem
objects is okay. as soons as anything arrives at an
inlet, pd crashes.
according to thomas grill, -mno-cygwin should help
here, but in my case, gcc bailed out with some obscure
error message whenever I used this switch. Since I had
seen too many obscure error messages at this point
already, I didn't look any further in this issue.

with kind regards,
thoralf.