[GEM-dev] new binaries for Windows and OSX

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Jan 17 20:50:20 CET 2006

As the recent requests indicate, it's probably about time for some
updated binaries for Windows and OSX.  Jamie will be in Chicago later
this week which might be a good time to wrap up the OSX end.

I have been working on parts of the Windows code and have a few bug
fixes and features added (mainly QT stuff).  The main lack of
functionality on Windows is the shader code.  I tried GLEW but the
resultant binary always crashes during window creation.  I think it
might require more reworking of the windows code than just replacing a
few of the includes, so my question is whether we try to move to GLEW
with Windows (and also Mac and Linux?) or just hack in the calls for
ARB_fragment/vertex/etc and go?

cgc