[GEM-dev] strings are 1 of my big weakness's

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Feb 15 20:36:26 CET 2006

...I've been trying to get [pix_freeframe] to work, but no luck:  I
keep get bad memory accesses!  I just don't know much in the way of
unix string tricks :-(  Here's what I was trying:

   char *extension=
#ifdef __WIN32__
     ".dll";
#elif defined __APPLE__
     ".frf";
#else
     ".so";
#endif

   int fd=-1;

// Hoops to jump thru for apple's bundle structure :-(
#ifdef __APPLE__
   strcat(extension, "/");
   strcat(extension, pluginname);
#endif
   if ((fd=open_via_path(canvas_getdir(getCanvas())->s_name,
pluginname, extension, buf2, &bufptr, MAXPDSTRING, 1))>=0){

...my first thought is just to see if we can append ".frf/
nameOfPlugin", which would be a symbolic link to the more deeply
buried binary in the bundle...if that works, that'd be fine, but if
not, we could try appending ".frf/Versions/A/nameOfPlugin", which is
the explicit bundle location...

help?
jamie