[GEM-dev] rstp video in GEM

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Mar 31 20:25:11 CEST 2006

Neither of the OSX GEM developers have Intel Macs but someone on the list
was working on compiling it recently.

We don't have any code specific to rtsp in GEM.  Quicktime supposedly
handles all of that internally, but there are probably certain parts of the
API to help streaming.  One thing to make sure you do in GEM is set the
gemwin frame rate to at least 100 [gemwin 100].  At that point it is
possible for Quicktime to deliver frames to GEM that fast, but I have never
tested anything like that.  Also, everything in GEM will run at that frame
rate so the load on the CPU and GPU will go up.