[GEM-dev] Gem pix_video dv1394 on Fedora Core 4

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sat May 13 23:31:31 CEST 2006

I have two 1394 related devices on my machine and I can capture video
with dvgrab so one of them has to work. The devault Gem does not allow
me to use my dv camcorder using the SimpleVideo gem helpfile.

I have configured Gem with --with-ieee1394 and the final configuration
showed that configure was indeed including the ieee1394 code.

Fedora Core apparently does not use the devfs system and so the default
Gem cannot find my card. I have edited Pixes/videoDV4L.cpp line 195 to
use either /dev/dv1394/0 or /dev/raw1394 and in both cases everytime I
send the [driver 1< message to pix_video I get a seg fault.

Am I not changing all the code I need to to get this to work?

Thank you all,
-wade