[GEM-dev] configure on OSX

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 23:22:27 CEST 2006

I think I might start using configure/make on OSX since I am getting
tired of fighting XCode, but autoconf and configure don't completely
work.  Some of the issues:

--with-pd= didn't work for me.  I manually added the -I/path to the makefile

It doesn't build a bundle.  The configure script spits out this:
'checking whether linker accepts "-bundle -bundle_loader no pd in /bin
/sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin"... no'.  There's not really any other option
besides a bundle for GEM on OSX so that could probably be a fixed
setting.

The SIMD check finds that the compiler accepts -msse2 on PPC.  The
check should check for the actual CPU or at least do a uname -s and
uname -p like I suggested for the Pd endian checks.

My configure skills are pretty weak so I need some help fixing this.

cgc