[GEM-dev] removing arial.ttf!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jun 14 17:53:55 CEST 2006

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i have removed the 3 other fonts from the CVS and added the vera.ttf
> instead.
> however, the default font the [text] objects try to load is still
> "arial.ttf"; should we change that to vera.ttf? this will eventually
> break patches that rely on the font being called "arial.ttf" (e.g. i
> usually take the font i want and rename it to "arial.ttf")

I think, renaming the font is rather unusual and I don't believe, many
people do as you do. ;) I would vote for changing the default font to
vera.ttf. Having a font as default, that isn't included, sounds like a
bad idea. It still is possible to choose another font like arial.ttf
manually.

For setting a different font without going through messages, a
creation argument would be nice, I guess.

Ciao