[GEM-dev] ./configure build on apple dies with imagemagick errors

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Sep 18 07:10:40 CEST 2006

On Sep 17, 2006, at 11:57 AM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 9/17/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > On Sep 15, 2006, at 6:17 PM, chris clepper wrote:
> >
> >> On 9/15/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
> >> recordQT.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
> recordQT::compressFrame
> >> ()':
> >> recordQT.cpp:468: error: 'seconds' was not declared in this scope
> >> g++ -c -fPIC -g -O2 -freg-struct-return -O3 -fno-builtin -falign-
> >> loops=16 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -faltivec   -I..  -I/home/pd/
> auto-
> >> build/pd-extended/pd//src  videoV4L2.cpp -o videoV4L2.o
> >> make[1]: *** [recordQT.o] Error 1
> >> make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> >> make: *** [Pixes] Error 2
> >>
> >> That should be fixed.
> >>
> >> Can you just post the errors and not all 1200 lines of output
> please?
> >>

> > The above error seems to be still in effect.  As far as I could
> tell,
> > the variable "seconds" is undeclared, but only used inside an #ifdef
> > __APPLE__
>
> i might have fixed it now.
>
> I had committed that change twice in as many weeks without any
> errors from CVS yet it never changed.  I guess using CVS under
> Cygwin is pretty pointless.

I've used CVS under Cygwin quite a bit  and haven't had any problems
with it.  Perhaps the problem is somewhere in between?  Anyway, the
above glitch seems to be fixed, looks like it is almost there, here's
the next glitch:

g++ -o Gem.pd_darwin -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -
framework QuickTime -framework Carbon -framework AGL -framework
OpenGL   Base/*.o Controls/*.o Geos/*.o Manips/*.o Nongeos/*.o
Particles/*.o Pixes/*.o openGL/*.o Vertex/*.o -ldv -lmpeg -ljpeg -
lGLU -lGL -ldl -lz -lm   -lpthread -L/Users/hans/cvs/pure-data/
packages/../pd/bin
/usr/bin/ld: Pixes/pix_filmDarwinYUV.o malformed object, illegal
reference for -dynamic code (reference to a coalesced section
(__TEXT,__textcoal_nt) from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation
entry (20))
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Gem.pd_darwin] Error 1
make: *** [/Users/hans/cvs/pure-data/packages/../Gem/src/
Gem.pd_darwin] Error 2