[GEM-dev] pix_video and ffmpeg

Jozef Henzl popcorp86 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:47:09 CET 2007

Oh, and I've got another problem with pix_film and gem 0.90.1-cvs
The ffmpeg part is hardly deprecated, because it's using img_resize, which was
disabled a few months ago in a libffmpeg.
A new approach is to use libswscale. which is a part of the new ffmpeg
versions.
I was able to hack it myself, but it should be updated in Gem asap. Pd and GEM
on recent linux distros will throw a undefined symbol error when loading Gem
lib.
(there are another issues with type casting, which casues incorrect auto-play
function. i can send a patch, but it's a mess so far)

regards,
--
Jozef Henzl
http://popcorp.org