[GEM-dev] xcode gem os x

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 06:55:53 CET 2008

hi,
I would like to get gem compiling on a mac.
I got sources from
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.gem.iem.at:/cvsroot/pd-gem co Gem GemLibs
I found the GEM_darwin.xcodeproj and opened it, a lot of files were
marked red (which means not found). Wherever I could, I changed the path
or tried to get the files. it was easy for m_pd.h, it was less easy for
macosx_math.cpp and macosx_math.h. I found two files of that name in the
internet, but not sure if these are the missing??? I did not know where
to get libftgl.a, tried with fink, but did not install. I then tried to
compile ftgl myself, but that was even worse than Gem. (I don't know how
to include all needed files. I thought everything that is listed under
Groups and Files automatically is included in the search path? but after
some time I had enough of "error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such
file or directory".)
I thought then maybe It was possible to set my xcode project to compile
without ftgl?

also Cg.Framework (which was not set as an absolute path) and
libMallocDebug.a were missing. I had both files lying around somewhere,
so I included these.

but in the end it was frustrated, because I ended up with a bunch of errors.

what is my problem with including the paths? should I forget xcode and
do everything from command line? and how can I do the same as in
pd-extended - create a lot of dynamic linked libraries?
marius.