[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Feature Requests-2612731 ] glsl_geometry

Matthias Neuenhofer matthias at neuenhofer.de
Thu Mar 26 20:31:48 CET 2009

hi marius
i also have no praxis with the geometry shader fiddling a bit with
OpenGL Shader Builder Apple Devs tools.
got my knowledge recently here - clearly arranged
web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~mjb/glman/ClassNotes/geometry_shader.pdf

think should possible set the glProgramParameteriEXT in Pd like draw
types for polygons …
as i understood the parameter code has add to the glsl_program object
- or?
should be this for input
GL_POINTS
GL_LINES
GL_LINES_ADJACENCY_EXT
GL_TRIANGLES
GL_TRIANGLES_ADJACENCY_EXT

for output
GL_POINTS
GL_LINE_STRIP
GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP

set the default to TRIANGLES and maximum number of vertices the
geometry shader will be emitting to 1

when someone can go further with this i will test it
my c++ is just growing since started using pd :)

matthias