[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Feature Requests-2612731 ] glsl_geometry

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:20:56 CET 2009

hi matthias,
thanks for fixing the glew.cpp bug. since I have not really worked with
geometry shaders before I have to start from scratch, and would
appreciate some example patches, how to link the shader. is it possible
to setup the glProgramParameteriEXT functions within Pd?
greetings from the breeding gem community in salzburg.
marius.

Matthias Neuenhofer wrote:
> Hi,
> great to get a start.
> picked the glsl and glew files from trunk
> compiled on mac 10.5.6
>
> in the glew.ccp was the (char*) missing before malloc
>   symbolName = (char*)malloc(strlen((const char*)name) + 2);
> glew.cpp:83: error: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘char*’
>
> vertex and fragment seems working normal even though -GL: invalid value-
> appears in pd window
> the glsl_geometry object didn´t post a shaderID
>
> the geometry code needs the glProgramParameteriEXT functions to declare
> the shader input and output Primitives types
> and the count of vertices this have to set parameter have to set after
> creating the program but before linking
>
> matthias
> schrieb marius schebella:
>> Hi,
>> I see two glsl_geometry files in the svn. but I am not sure which
>> version of svn I have to check out? it's not 0.91-3??
>> has anyone already tested the objects?
>> Marius.
>>

>> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>> if someone with newer hardware than me feels like trying them out, go
>>> ahead...i checked some code in yesterday.
>>> fgamsdr