[GEM-dev] [pix_texture] crashing on XP (was Re: Gem)

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 23 10:32:54 CEST 2009

hi. i'm ccing gem-dev as well...

Quoting "Oded Ben-Tal" <oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>:

> hi,
> Your young paduan reporting here, in the hope the train journe back
> wasn't too terrible:

rain dripping lulled myself to sleep....

> I grabbed newer version of Gem (for win) and my simple patch still
> crushes pd. Interestingly when I use 01.texture example it works
> fine. But when I open the pix_texture help file I get a crush (when
> gemwin prints the following:
[...]

which exact version of Gem did you install? (what does the version
string tell you?
if 0.91.3 is still crashing (which i still somehow doubt, but one
never knows), would you dare installing the 0.92snapshot found at
https://gem.iem.at/releases/0.92svn and tell us whether the problem
has been fixed?

> I was also mistaken about the linux behaviour: when I open my patch
> with pd-extended0.39 (from ccrma) everything works fine.

with the original version that comes with PdX.0.39 or with a
self-compiled newer version?
if the former, i suspect that the driver on linux simply supports more
openGL than the super-dummy openGL-driver by M$ you are using on w32.

but of course this doesn't help you so much...

famsrd