[GEM-dev] HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME breaks OSX QT code

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 6 15:17:47 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-06 14:57, chris clepper wrote:
> But all of the QT code is wrapped with HAVE_QUICKTIME, and in at least one
> case it looks like HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME undefines HAVE_QUICKTIME.

cannot reproduce.
i checked all the files that make use of "HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME" and have
the "undef" keyword, which builds down to Pixes/filmQT.h
Pixes/recordQT.h, and here HAVE_QUICKTIME get's undefined only if it's
not w32 and HAVE_CARBONQT is not defined.
so if HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME is defined (which it has to be if carbon is
available) it shouldn't make a difference.

> Also, I tried the autoconf on 10.5 and it didn't get very far before dying.

that's weird; i compile Gem on 10.5 with autoconf quite often (and it's
used with the autobuilds as well) and it works stable.
my exact call to configure (including all the user-built statically
libs) can be found here:
http://gem.iem.at/documentation/faq/how-do-you-compile-gem-on-osx

(i usually don't use xcode, so that's why the project file is not being
updated accordingly; sorry for that)

if you can post the error, i might be able to fix it.

fgamksdr