[GEM-dev] HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME breaks OSX QT code

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:19:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> that's weird; i compile Gem on 10.5 with autoconf quite often (and it's
> used with the autobuilds as well) and it works stable.
> my exact call to configure (including all the user-built statically
> libs) can be found here:
> http://gem.iem.at/documentation/faq/how-do-you-compile-gem-on-osx
>
> (i usually don't use xcode, so that's why the project file is not being
> updated accordingly; sorry for that)
>
> if you can post the error, i might be able to fix it.

ACT-TECH01:src cgc$ autoconf
ACT-TECH01:src cgc$ ./configure
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
./configure: line 2510: syntax error near unexpected token `PIC,'
./configure: line 2510: `GEM_ARG_ENABLE(PIC,     PositionIndependentCode
(potentially slower))'