[GEM-dev] build error in trunk

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 21 09:09:48 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-20 21:04, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> is there a reason why /sw is not in the PATH?
>

> Some build systems are not happy with the tools provided in /sw, so its
> good to make them optional.  You can add /sw to the PATH within the
> configure.in, then people will inherit that setting when building on
> their own machine.  I think its just a matter of adding this to the top:
>
> PATH="/sw:${PATH}"
>
> .hc

configure.in is probably a bad choice, as this file has to be processed
by binaries found in /sw/bin, rather than has to call binaries in /sw/bin.
i guess you meant autogen.sh

anyhow, the problem with that is, that autogen.sh is a generic, and i
don't feel like adding every single path anyone might happen to have on
their machine :-)

i guess it should be set more on a per-machine basis: after all the
sysad of a certain host will always know best, which paths on the
machine are relevant, whereas the choices of an upstream developer like
me will always be bad.

i will probably add /sw/bin to the path in the master build
script/Makefile, if this is ok for you.

fgasdr