[GEM-dev] HALCON plugin

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 14 11:55:35 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-14 10:51, cyrille henry wrote:
>> - it's only b/w (well, i guess that's the cam)
> yes, i think this cam is B/W

yep.

>> - framerate is pretty bad (afaict, its about 10fps :-(, but that might
>> be related to something else)
> outch!
> it's a 120fps cam...

ok, think i have found some problems in my code.
if i switch to asynchronous capturing, then i get way better framerates
(e.g. 100fps and more; no easy way to really measure this)

>> - latency is worse than expected (see attached feedback image)
> yes, this is not really usable...

ok, with asynchronous capturing this seems to get better as well.
(see attached feedback image)

>> however, all images captured are fine.
> ok, strange.

ok, so i discovered that i _sometimes_ get dropouts as well.
i seem to remember, that i even got the dropouts with halcon's HDevelop
tool, which i consider the reference implementation.
this would indicate that the problems are either with the API itself
(which i somehow doubt), or with the networking configuration (jumbo
frames or the like)

i'll investigate.

fgmasdr