[GEM-dev] NVidia optimus on Linux and Gem

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Thu Aug 18 17:56:37 CEST 2011

hello,

i'm using an ATI on ubuntu for a project.

It's mainly working (good screen configuration, shaders are ok, etc).
the only problems are :
- error on pd log at every frame.
- crash when destroying the gem windows...

so, ATI will certainly be a good option in the future.

For now, a solution to control optimus on linux look to work for some computer, but it's still is very young.
Nvidia still provide driver for there card.

Having to install a kernel that is released after the hardware to use is not really a surprised, imo.

Cyrille