[GEM-dev] Mac OSX Compilation with case sensitive file system

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:02:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

i'm trying to build the last git commit of Gem on OS X and I get some
troubles...

first of all, I get this :
filmDarwin.h:28:28: error: Carbon/carbon.h: No such file or directory
filmDarwin.h:29:34: error: QuickTime/quicktime.h: No such file or directory

and the expected files on my computer are Carbon.h not carbon.h and
QuickTime.h instead of quicktime.h
and the error is due to my file system :
Mac OS étendu (sensible à la casse, journalisé)
Sorry, I don't know the right english translation...
But mine is case sensitive and this is why gcc can't find carbon.h or
quicktime.h even though there are a Carbon.h or QuickTime.h file somewhere
in the include path.
I think this doesn't matter on most Mac OS X installation since by default
the file system is not case sensitive (I swithed to that when I reinstalled
Mac OS X from scratch)

Afer adding a capital C to Carbon/Carbon.h and capitals Q and T to
QuickTime/QuickTime.h in filmDarwin.h Gem has been build.

And as Cyrille has already noticed in commit
e7b32aedbe7200391a7b644845d5dc2a3e21818e you should add 2 semi-colons ";" in
the file SIMD.cpp at the end of the lines 25 and 31.

hope this helps

A.