[GEM-dev] pix_rom + plugins, etc

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:29:26 CET 2012

IOhannes, all,

I started (a couple years ago) looking into porting or coding
something similar to Kyle Buza's jit.atari2600
(http://mmonoplayer.com/jit2600.php) but got sidetracked with life....

Looking at and messing around with the new Gem plugin system got me
thinking this morning and wondering if this could also be used for an
objects such as "pix_rom" where the plugins/backends could be
emulators (nintendo, intellivision, etc) such as gem_romATARI,
gem_romNINTENDO, etc....

I have been self-learning more and more C over the past few months but
still my skills are pretty poor (still a hack)... anyway, I am
wondering if there is a good place to start a "pix_rom" object? Maybe
begin with "pix_model"? I know the documentation is pretty thin on
recent Gem stuff right now... understandably.

I am also looking for help and support if anyone is interested.

I also view this as something long term and am in no rush...

cheers