[GEM-dev] error: Cannot open

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 19 20:08:04 CET 2013

On 01/18/2013 16:30, Elektro Moon wrote:
> Iohannes,
>
> I guess the plugins are loaded. PD writes the next after launch:
> [pix_video]: backend #0='v4l2'    : v4l2 analog
> [pix_video]: backend #1='v4l'    : v4l analog
> [pix_video]: backend #2='vlc'    : vlc

looks good.

> I force to load the vlc plugin as you mentioned, connecting message
> [driver vlc( to pix_video, but nothing happens. After loading [device
> file:///home/bunkier/Desktop/8z.mov(
> PD says:
> error: v4l2 : no v4l2 input device on bus
> file:///home/bunkier/Desktop/8z.mov
>
> error: Cannot open '': 2, No such file or directory
> error: v4l: failed opening device: 'file://home/bunkier/Desktop/8z.mov'

works here, though i'm using [device file:///tmp/homer.avi(
are you sure, that the file exists and that vlc can play it?

> You can check my simple patch in the attachment.

the only things i noticed:
- in your patch ou don't turn rendering on, (there's only a [create( but
not a [create, 1( or simile)
- in your patch you have no order of the messages [driver( and [device(
defined. **always use trigger when you want to connect one outlet to
multiple inlets**.
- in your patch you are tring to open an mp3 file. i don't know what you
expect to be displayed?

> Does this plugin work with VLC playlists too? How would you loop it?

no idea about playlists.
most likely you can use them.

fmgsdt