[GEM-dev] help with glsl abstractions

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 2 13:17:31 CEST 2013

Le 02/09/13 12:55, Cyrille Henry a écrit :

> yes, we can imaging extending this objects collection for vertex, or
> with function that is not yet possible with pix_ object.
> so having pix_ prefix on this objects is not a good idea imo.

What I had in mind is :
[pix_*_sl] ONLY for glsl abstraction that replace a corresponding
[pix_*] object
and for example
[vertex_*_sl for shader dealing with vertex.
This way the abstractions are classed by fonctionnality instead of
method (glsl).

But I get your point and it's surely easier your way.
Nevertheless, one can ask is [glsl_alpha] a replacement for [alpha] or
[pix_alpha]?
Best,

--
http://www.nimon.org