[GEM-dev] travis-ci integration

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Dec 4 20:01:46 CET 2014

On 12/03/2014 08:38 AM, Antoine Villeret wrote:
> thanks you Iohannes for putting everything together and make it work
>
> to enable os x build, i just sent an email to support at travis-ci.com and ask
> them to enable OS X build for my Gem repo.

thanks. that indeed did the trick.
i was slightly confused by their blog-page that a) told me to do this b)
told me that i can no longer do this :-(

> and concerning the build upload, I think the easiest is to upload on Github.
> but one upload per commit would be too much.
> So I think we can push an automatic Github release every time a tag is set.
> Travis can do that very kindly.

yes. but as it works only for "tagged" (aka "released") versions, it's
less useful.

> But daily build could be interesting too. I think we can upload at most one
> build per day.
> FTP upload is very easy to setup in Travis, much more than ssh or something
> else that needs a key identification, but yes more unsecure.

probably just upload something like: Gem-travis-osx-20141203.tgz for
each build (so multiple builds per day will only keep the last one).

it's a pity we cannot do this via github...

fgarsd