[GEM-dev] context sharing

Husk 00 husk00 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:22:25 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 9:27 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
wrote:

> i think that's a misunderstanding: i think that the priority is low for
> the intel device driver developers.
> so the drivers are unlikely to be fixed.
> from the Gem side i would *love* to have multi-context support (that's
> one of the main changes in the last few years!), and consider the
> priority rather high.
>
> so if it's fixable on the Gem side, it shall be done.

great, it would be amazing!

> anyhow:
> there is a bug in current Gem that prevents multi-window support in
> non-context shared environments. if this bug was fixed, [gemglxwindow]
> could be compiled without context sharing support and still allow
> previewing in a separate window (though less performant).

Is this bug traced on the wiki? There is a way to know if/when it will be
solved?

finally:
> afair glfw3 has support for context-sharing, and it (the glfw3 demo
> showing this feature) doesn't seem to crash on intel cards.
> which hints that the bug is really with Gem (not the drivers).
> i can't remember the state of the [gemglfw3window] regarding context
> sharing.

I want to test gemglfw3window with my drivers but I had this error:
/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gemglfw3window.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
glfwSetCursorPosCallback

GLFW3 was compiled from source (git repo). Gem was configured with
"--with-glfw3-CFLAGS=/usr/include/GLFW/ --with-glfw3-LIBS=/usr/lib/" flags.

What's wrong?

thanks
husk

Nothing is mine but every thing belong to me
www.estereotips.net