[GEM-dev] [curve 11] prints out "GL: invalid value"

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Thu Feb 9 23:35:33 CET 2017

hello,

A Bezier curve did not pass throw the control point, and Bezier curve with lot's of control points are very slow to compute. So high order Bezier curve are not very common.
the curve object compute the interpolation by the GPU, so the limit is a hardware limit (the "GL: invalid value" is a hardware error, not a Gem one).

Usually, people prefers splines. According to wikipedia, the most common spline is cubic B-spline : a piecewise 3rd order Bezier curve.

unfortunately, there is no "spline" object in Gem.

what i usualy do, is :
-put points in a table
-interpolate between this points in an other bigger table (using tabread4 / tabwrite for a simple and slow solution)
-draw the big table with a vertexbuffer

cheers