[GEM-dev] videoAVF

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Nov 24 15:05:41 CET 2018

On 11/23/18 9:32 PM, me.grimm wrote:
> hey it works! nice!
>
> just compiled videoavf branch. little green light turns on when opening
> 00.SimpleVideo.pd example. when rendering toggle is clicked window appears
> and live video is displayed.

i finally read the documentation about "webcam passthru" for virtualbox,
and now i get an image in photobooth and ... Pd. hooray.

i fixed a couple of things, namely:

- disabled the debugging output, which would dump the entire raw image
data to the terminal...

> a couple things:
>
> - live video capture shows blue channel only

fixed. this was a traditional error with converting ABGR to ARGB.
videoAVF now uses AUV by default (but can be switched to RGBA)

> - pd console gives "clear(): unimplemented)" error

that was just a leftover from porting the ofx code.
i've remove it.

> - with example patch if I click rendering toggle gem window closes and
> green light turns off. the only way to get live image back is either reload
> patch or click rendering toggle THEN send [device 0{ message.

i noticed this too. still needs fixing.

> - with dialog message I get "[pix_video]: no dialog for current backend"

yes.
(currently) no dialogs for videoAVF.
not sure whether i want to look into that.

gfmdsar