[GEM-dev] Can't play transparent videos

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 21:40:08 CEST 2020

Hi IOhannes,

no I never made a PR for few reasons :
- it does not integrate well with Gem's build system : I'm using CMake
- it relies on libmpv and I thought it was better to keep it as an external
that people can build / download when needed.

But if you think it's a good idea to integrate it to Gem, then we can
discuss the details and I could submit a PR if it does not require too
much work (i.e. if I don't have to dive into the awful insides of
autotools...)
If this is the case, I have some other externals that might have their
place beside Gem too (pd-ndi at least and also pix_opencv on which I worked
a bit last month but i lack some motivation)

btw, the move from github to gitlab was motivated by the power of gitlab-ci
tool which I know quite well now
it was quite was for me to setup CI build to deliver working binaries
(which will be soon uploaded to deken)

cheers

Antoine