[GEM-dev] Can't play transparent videos

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jul 4 23:42:23 CEST 2020

On 2020-07-04 21:40, Antoine Villeret wrote:
> Hi IOhannes,
>
> no I never made a PR for few reasons :
> - it does not integrate well with Gem's build system : I'm using CMake

i'm not interested in the build-system

> - it relies on libmpv and I thought it was better to keep it as an external
> that people can build / download when needed.

that's why there's a plugin system for Gem.
however, it seems you have created a fork of Gem, rather than just
create a new filmMPV external.

which is how i would like to integrate that ;-)

> But if you think it's a good idea to integrate it to Gem, then we can
> discuss the details and I could submit a PR if it does not require too
> much work (i.e. if I don't have to dive into the awful insides of
> autotools...)

sure.
but i guess that's something easily done by e.g...me

> btw, the move from github to gitlab was motivated by the power of gitlab-ci
> tool which I know quite well now
> it was quite was for me to setup CI build to deliver working binaries
> (which will be soon uploaded to deken)

oh, i prefer my own gitlab instance as well (including the CI features).

if you want you can make a PR at my primary repository at
https://git.iem.at/pd/Gem

> If this is the case, I have some other externals that might have their
> place beside Gem too (pd-ndi at least and also pix_opencv on which I
worked
> a bit last month but i lack some motivation)

let's talk about these separately.

tmsdtr