[PD-dev] STL & C++ & platforms - a question

mark mark at junklight.com
Tue Jul 30 15:31:46 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am working on a component that will end up as a PD external and
I am needing a hashmap or something similar - poking around I discover
the Standard Template Library which looks like it has what I need (which

makes me feel old - this has appeared since I stopped using C++ afer
using it
 for years and years  - eek!)

Anyway - my questions is - if I use this (I am using Visual C++ .Net at
the moment )
will my stuff compile on all of the other non-windows platforms you guys
are using?

I assume that STL is ok and not a pile of garbage that everyone avoids
like the
plague.

cheers

mark