[PD-dev] STL & C++ & platforms - a question

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 30 17:12:23 CEST 2002

Hi,
mark hat gesagt: // mark wrote:

> I am working on a component that will end up as a PD external and
> I am needing a hashmap or something similar - poking around I discover
> the Standard Template Library which looks like it has what I need (which
>
> makes me feel old - this has appeared since I stopped using C++ afer
> using it for years and years  - eek!)
>
> Anyway - my questions is - if I use this (I am using Visual C++ .Net
> at the moment ) will my stuff compile on all of the other
> non-windows platforms you guys are using?

I did once use this:

  template <class T> void freeVector(std::vector<T>& v)
  {
	  std::vector<T> empty;
	  v.swap(empty);
  }

and lots of other C++ stuff in the rx7~ external for Linux, so there
it must be OK. This wasn't written with "flext" yet, but now I use
"flext" for almost any external to keep all my code in C++.

STL is fine, and if it wasn't for PD someone should fix some bugs
somewhere, I think, probably the compiler builders should then.

ciao,