[PD-dev] fiiwu~ in CVS

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Oct 7 17:08:38 CEST 2002

Hi,

I checked a new external into the pure-data CVS at sourceforge called:
fiiwu~ and living in "/externals/footils/flext-iiwu"

This basically is a rewrite of the iiwu~ soundfont external with
flext. The reason for the rewrite is, that somehow the old C-code did
stop working here suddenly. After some upgrades involving libc and
libiiwusynth, actually.

I couldn't get the old code to work again, so I rewrote it. :( But
fiiwu~ has a bit of added functionality: It recognizes bitch bend and
bank select messages, some selector shortcuts and you can send it
notes as lists without a "note" selector.

But there still is one bug that bothers me and that's, why I post here
first instead of pd-announce:

Somehow only the left outlet sends audio data. This seems to be a PD
problem, because when I change the left and right channels in the iiwu
function, it's still only the left outlet, that sends data, athough it
should now be the right outlet...

So if someone has an idea, what might cause this, I'd be very glad to
hear. The code is actually quite simple. I added two outlets with
AddOutSignal(2). The critical part might be the dsp function:

	void fiiwu::m_signal(int n, float *const *in, float *const *out)
	{

		float *left  = out[0];
		float *right = out[1];

		iiwu_synth_write_float(synth, n, left, 0, 1, right, 0, 1);

	}  // end m_signal

This looks quite normal to me (?)

Thanks in advance.