[PD-dev] Gem CVS Bug (wrong alarm ??)

tigital tigital at mac.com
Thu Nov 14 19:47:06 CET 2002

>  > at section Pixes///Pix-Geos
>>  the line
>>  "pix_texture2_setup();"
>
>i thought to follow guenter's proposal to include the
>[pix_texture2]-functionality into the [pix_texture]-object.
>"pix_texture2" is now just an alias for "pix_texture"
>so we shoudn't need the setup-routines.
>
>however:: erich, did this solve your crashes ?
>
>mfg.sda.r
>IOhannes
hiya,

...well, at least for the MacOSX build, we need both
texture/texture2...this is because we use an extension for non-power
of 2 textures that makes for incredibly fast
performance...unfortunately, I don't know if the extension
(GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT) is available on other platforms?

...OTOH, I think that eventually it'll be nice to have one texture
object that does everything, but I'm struggling to get the OS X stuff
into cvs right now, as is!  The holdup right now is that I want it to
at least compile on my machine before I cvs checkin... ;-)

soon!
jamie