[PD-dev] PD externals Debian packaging

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 19 07:26:20 CET 2002

This is awesome, thanks so much.  I can't wait until I can "apt-get
install pure-data" and be ready to go.

But I have one question: why break it up
into more than one debian package?  We have one CVS repository, and when
you are using the objects in the various libraries, its all seemless.  So
it seems to make sense that there be one Debian package.  The only reason
I can think of to split it up is if there are conflicts between two
libraries, therefore forcing the user to choose one or the other.

.hc