[PD-dev] [GEM] new postrender crashes OS X

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Dec 16 20:53:40 CET 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, tigital wrote:
> hello,
>
> ...I'm really not sure what or why IOhannes is doing some of these
> changes?  So far, they have led to crashes and instability on the Mac
> OS X port.  Thanks.  I am frustrated, because things that worked no
> longer function correctly!  What makes it worse is that these changes
> are done without any announcement or warning, unless you watch the
> cvs logs daily...and even then, the logs are not specific to changes
> in a file, and do not give any insight to the scope of the changes...
>
> ...the first problem came when IOhannes decided to rewrite the
> processImage() system:  thankfully, he tried to hide most of this
> within #ifdef NEW_DUAL_PIX, but there was no discussion as to the
> thought behind this...

Ok, first, I think it might be a very good idea to announce such
big changes. Not only will know what is goig to happen, but also
the developer who does it gets a clearer idea about what is going
to happen.

Better to wait a day for making the changes and going out for a
beer, than spending some evenings on something that will prove
not to work. (I know this is easy to say ...)

Guenter