[PD-dev] [GEM] more on YUV (was: postrendering crashes)

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Jan 7 17:31:16 CET 2003

guenter geiger wrote:
> zmoelnig at iem.at:
>
>>i will not have linux-only or macOS-only stuff in Gem as it is.
>>For things like this, i would recommend to have a look at gemee (but i would
>>rather not fork development)
>

> ... you probably want to say that OS specific things as well as
> experimental stuff can be written as externals, just as in gemee, right ?

exactly.
i really want GEM to run on all platforms with the same behaviour (but
maybe not with the same performance)
but i guess, it's not günter i have to tell this...(smile)

and i really do not want to lose the mac-people, now that they have done
so much work...

> (I can not remember that there are OS specific things in gemee, but rather
>  very experimental gem objects).

i just thought that this should be the mechanism to do such things

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes