[PD-dev] Re: Universal Makefile for PD

Adam Lindsay atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 13:08:24 CET 2003

Hans-Christoph Steiner said this at Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:49:54 -0500:

>One other question which will hopefully benefit other budding Darwin
>porters like me: if I use the
>-bundle_loader /path/to/pd/bin/pd flag instead of -undefined suppress,
>will it tie that executable to pd being install in that path?  So if I
>install that binary into a PD install that's in
>/local/path/to/pd/bin/pd, will that binary still work?

I've been able to use externals made in that way with any Pd.

What I (think I) understand is happening is that -bundle_loader just
tells the linker to look at the Pd executable first for missing symbols,
before throwing up an error as an undefined symbol. This way it doesn't
actually *ignore* undefined symbols, which could make for difficult debugging.

adam

 Adam T. Lindsay                      atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Computing Dept, Lancaster University   +44(0)1524/594.537
 Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/593.608