[PD-dev] download links on the website

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 13 12:02:38 CET 2003

Hallo,

guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:
> Apart from that, you can change the webpages in the htdocs directory,
> check the new webpages in with the upload script.
>
> When I have time I would like to reorganize the page into
> several pages, section for users, developers (how to contribute etc..)
> download section, menu on the left side.
>
> Introduction
> Download
> Documentation
> Developers
> Contact

I think, this is a good division.

> For the time being we could distribute the existing sections,
> the "Projects at the Pure Data Repository" will be in the Documentation
> section, the CVS stuff in the Developers Section aso.
>
> Later we might have to cook up a more general introduction ...
>
> If there is someone who is willing to reorganize this, would be great.

I'm willing to do it, but I won't have time this weekend because of
the LAD meeting. I'd like to keep the design of the pages simple,
W3C-conform and layouted with stylesheets, i.e. no <font>-tricks and
no <table> where not necessary, i.e. a design, with CSS-compliant
browsers in mind, that is readable on older browsers as well. Why do
that? Because it keeps things simple from a collaborational point of
view. Everyone can then code in simple HTML using standard tags like
<h1> or <p> and it still looks good and consistent.

The changes will require a navigational bar. Maybe I can put
something together in short time modeled after the w3.org pages.

ciao