[PD-dev] AppleScript to make PD double-clicker

steven yi stevenyi at csounds.com
Tue Mar 18 17:56:04 CET 2003

Hi Hans-Christoph,

I found out about .command files from a user of my program a while ago.
They're simple shell scripts but end in .command instead of .sh or
anything like that, and they're double-clickable to run.  the .command
file i have for blue is:

#/bin/sh
cd `dirname $0`
java -cp ../lib/blue.jar:../lib/jython.jar:../lib/EXML.jar:../lib/js.jar
blue.Blue

I don't know if that method will allow you to edit the icon, but works
to double-click and run.

also, it might be nice to package pd in the convention of MacOSX apps,
using a .app directory, putting a resources dir and program dir inside,
a manifest file, icons, etc.  (I don't know the complete details as I'm
looking into it myself).

I'm not a regular OSX user, so if I'm incorrect in any of this, please
someone correct me.

steven