[PD-dev] compiling individual debs

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Apr 29 19:52:36 CEST 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> But with fix you just submitted, plus compiling and installing fluidsynth
> from source, it compiles now.  It would be nice to be able to compile
> pd-externals .deb without having to install fluidsynth, but I can live
> with commenting out things to make it work.

Yes, but the question is if we can live with it :)

I have been thinking more than once about splitting the "externals"
directory and provide a set of independend externals. I'm not sure though
..

The problem is that Debian does not have a notion of "compiling only
half of the package", which makes it hard for me to include the
whole set in Debian, because things break on every odds and ends,
and we do not have something like a "common release". This too makes
it harder to assure the quality of the system, because at every
time some part of the packages could be in a "transition state".

Greetings

Guenter