[PD-dev] [GEM] cvs

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 9 20:32:18 CEST 2003

Zitiere guenter geiger <geiger at xdv.org>:

> I do agree with chris,  the user should not have to care
> too much about color conversion, and as pix_rbga is only
> needed to convert film output to Gem "native" colorspace
> it could be done in the film objects themselves.

i do agree that uses shouldn't have to care about colour-spaces (it really
get's confusing)
i also agree that the colour-space conversions should be done in the image-
source objects (like film)
unfortunately i am not sure, whether the only use of [pix_rgba] is for
conversion into "native" colour-space.
sometimes i really like having an alpha-channel....

> > >rgba-format for mac is GL_ABGR_EXT, so i changed it to this (but i
> > >have not tested it)
> >
> > pix_rgba should have no function on OSX at all.
(see above)

> > patch, it may be useful for implicit color-conversion, but that's
> > about it.
right , that's about it.

>  also, the correct format for OSX is GL_BGRA_EXT. i don't
as i read from GemPixUtil.h (changes by tigital)
const int chRed = 1;
const int chGreen = 2;
const int chBlue = 3;
const int chAlpha = 0;

this really looks like something ARGB (but you are right, this is not ABGR)

> > think the one you have above even exists.  anyway i will just ifdef
however, my nvidia'ized gl.h says
#define Gl_ABGR_EXT 0x800

> > out the changes so the object has no effect again.
> >
> > cgc

anyhow, for some personal reasons i'd like to have colour-space conversions.
to give them not too much room, would something like [pix_convert] (or
[pix_colourspace] be ok for everybody ?
anybody refusing to test them ?

mfg.a.srd
IOhannes