[PD-dev] individual files vs. libs for externals

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Jun 9 15:42:33 CEST 2003

hi,

I used to play just the same trick in xeq-0.1 for linux.

However, the current xeq-0.2 is being loaded ``by stub''.  Which
means, all there is inside of e.g. xeq.parse.pd_linux, is just
a call to (a kind of) sys_load_lib() for the main xeq.pd_linux
(using -defsym linker option in order to mangle the generic
'setup' symbol into 'xeq.parse_setup' entry symbol).  Still not
perfect, perhaps, but I happen to prefer this to ln -s.

Krzysztof