[PD-dev] Linux distribution.

kevin ernste kevinernste at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 04:56:27 CEST 2003

--- Julien Jassaud <sojastar at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I've been using pd on OS X but I now need to use it with Linux on a
> Via
> Epia 5000 board. So I have two questions:
> - has anyone ever used pd with such a motherboard?
> - what is the best Linux distribution to use pd with?

I can't help you on the motherboard, but I would highly recommend
Redhat Linux with PlanetCCRMA packages (low-latency/preemptive kernel,
etc), including PD and libs:

http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/planetccrma.html

A close second, IMHO, would be Mandrake, and I'm sure others would
mention Debian, esecially Agnula (http://www.agnula.org/).

Kevin